Quinn Downes Service & Maintenance having an opening for a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Apprentice.
As part of this 4-year apprenticeship, you will receive regular on the job and off the job training on the latest technologies in the industry. You will complete 4 on the job phases where a team of qualified and experienced engineers will mentor you throughout and teach you the skills required for the role. There are 3 off the job phases which includes paid classroom-based training with SOLAS. As this is a specialist trade, this apprenticeship promises job security as your skills are always in demand both in Ireland and abroad. The variety of the equipment and industries you will work in make the job interesting, challenging & rewarding and creating a multi skilled engineer. This role is ideal for candidates who can work with their hands and have an interest in mechanical electrical systems.
Some of the skills you will learn include:
- Knowledge of electrical work
- Knowledge of welding
- Knowledge of plumbing
- Knowledge of HVAC systems
- Knowledge of BMS systems
- Inspecting and testing of HVAC systems and fault finding
- Reading and knowing drawings, diagrams, and Manuals
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs
- Plan and organize works
- Communicate effectively
- Diagnose and solve problems
What you’ll need to succeed:
- To work well as part of a team
- Have a positive attitude
- Have good customer relations
- The willing to show initiative
- Demonstrate general work practices such as timekeeping, tidiness, responsibility, quality & safety awareness.
Education required: Leaving Certificate
Skills Required: Good aptitude for working with hands and interest in mechanical electrical systems
For further information or to apply, please email Carol at email@example.com