We will begin working with Glenman Construction and Varming Engineers to provide the mechanical installations for the new purpose-built Confucius Institute on the UCD Belfield Campus. The Institute is a joint venture between the Office of Chinese Language Council International (Hanban), Renmin University of China and UCD.
To support continued growth and the strategic development of the Institute, it is proposed that it be accommodated in a new purpose-built facility, the UCD Confucius Centre. The proposed new facility comprises:
• A floor area of 2,000 square meters;
• A National Resource Centre for Chinese studies
• A lecture theatre accommodating up to 120 students;
• A range of classrooms and seminar rooms;
• Multi-media language class room facilities;
• Study space for masters, PhDs and post doctoral students;
• Distance learning and computer facilities; and
• Office space for academic staff, administration staff and visiting staff.
It is proposed that the new building will also accommodate the Irish Institute for Chinese Studies, a UCD education unit that complements the Confucius Institute thereby enabling the successful partnership between the two units to continue to flourish. The new building will therefore host a range of academic activities, including teaching and research; executive courses; cultural events, and will provide a national resource centre for students, staff and third parties who wish to learn about the People’s Republic of China and do business with that country.
If you would like any further information on our services, either from our Installation or our Service & Maintenance departments, please do not hesitate to contact us